Paleo Chicken Soup with Mushrooms and Kale Recipe For Yeast Infection
- 1 lb chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 3 tbsp ghee grass-fed butter, or refined coconut oil
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 large handful of kale, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp arrowroot starch or tapioca
- 2 2/3 cups chicken bone broth
- 2/3 cup coconut milk, organic, full-fat
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp brown mustard
- 2 sage leaves, minced
- 2 tsp rosemary, minced
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt the ghee, butter, or refined coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped leeks and cook until softened, then add the mushrooms and garlic. Stir to coat, then continue to cook another 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile, whisk arrowroot into the broth until dissolved. Add the kale to the saucepan over the other veggies and gently stir (it’s a lot, it will cook down quickly though!) then pour in the broth and coconut milk. Whisk in the nutritional yeast and mustard until combined.
- Raise the heat and bring to a boil, stirring. Lower the heat just a bit to avoid overflow, and continue to boil and stir until thickened, then turn heat to low.
- Add in the chicken, fresh herbs and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Allow soup to simmer another few minutes before serving. Serve with paleo dinner rolls if desired (not Whole30). Enjoy!